Hello! My name is Elizabeth Spillman. If you shorten my first name, I won’t care, but my mother will hunt you to the ends of the earth. Especially if you use her most hated shortening: Liz. You have been warned.
I am what some term a multipotentialite. To sum it up without you having to click on that link, it means that I have some seriously diverse interests, and an educational/work background that’s just as checkered with seeming randomness. Settling into one path sounds like a complete snore, and I really enjoy learning new things and exploring possibilities. It’s both an amazing blessing and a curse to be like this. If you have happen to be a multipotentialite yourself, you’re in good company.
It’s been almost two decades since I graduated from high school (yiiiiikes!). Here’s some of the highlights of things I’ve done or been deeply interested in during that time in no particular order.
- Discovered Anime
- Extensive MUSHing
- Tabletop gaming
- Anything to do with ancient history
- BA in Art History
- Got addicted to Visual Kei
- Merchandiser at a bookstore
- Did office work at a feed store (as in farm animals)
- Worked as a middle school librarian and instructor
- Got addicted to KPop
- Worked as an ESL instructor
- Worked as a private tutor to homeschoolers
- Taught art classes
- BS in Digital Art and Design
- Sucked into Korean Dramas
- Started my business Kambric Art
- Sold some of my art and writing
- Wrote a book and plunged right into writing another
Okay. Enough about me. I’m curious to know who’s reading my blog! Find a post that interests you, leave a comment, and introduce yourself. If you prefer, head over to the contact page and send me a note directly.